Vulvar or vaginal biopsy – this may be performed if a lesion needs to be removed from the vagina or outer surface known as the vulva or an area needs to be checked via biopsy to insure the health of this tissue.
- No premedication is required
- Wear underwear that can accommodate a sanitary napkin
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- Post-procedure: a grey ash maybe noticeable on wiping from the medication we use to stop bleeding after the biopsy is done. No baths are recommended for 24 hours. You may use topical Neosporin or Vaseline for skin comfort.
- Avoidance of sexual relations for 48-72 hours post-procedure is advised.
if you have increased discharge from the biopsy site, increased discomfort or swelling call the office immediately.