Endometrial Biopsy– this is done to access the inner lining of your uterus. Cramping during this procedure is not unexpected but the duration is short. We recommend that you:
- Take over the counter medications such as 3-200mg tablets of ibuprofen (with large glass of water or food) or Tylenol 650mg, 30 minutes prior to the procedure.
- You will have light to moderate vaginal bleeding after this biopsy is done.
Call the office at any time of the day if you have:
- Increased vaginal bleeding that soaks a sanitary pad every 1-2 hours
- Malodorous discharge
- Cramping or pain that doesn’t lessen with ibuprofen or Tylenol medication use
- If you have a temperature over 100.0 F